Omena Traverse Yacht Club, Inc. Boat Slip Rental 2019
1. Slips #2,3,4 and 5 will be offered to OTYC members for seasonal rental (#1 reserved for Club Committee Boat). Note that for 2019, Slips 2 and 3 may share a loading pier until repairs to pier 1 are complete.
2. The rental fee is $1,000.00 per season which is May 15th through September 15th.
3. Only one rental request is available for each OTYC Member family while any particular vessel may be entered into the lottery only once.
4. Any requests for a seasonal slip rental must be delivered to the Waterfront Chair Jim Morrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before February 14th of the Rental Year.
Contact: Jim Morrison- email@example.com. The Club Member must confirm their request has been received by the Waterfront Chair.
5. On February 15th, a lottery will be held to determine the four OTYC Members selected to rent the available slips for the summer season. Members whose names are drawn in the lottery will have their choice of slip preference (1st name drawn receiving 1st choice and so on) and assignments will be communicated immediately.
(A) By March 15th, Renter will confirm the reservation by sending to Treasurer Cathy Heiser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(1) Payment for slip rental fee
(2) Boat Slip Rental Agreement sign by both spouses (if Member is married)
(3) Proof of boat Insurance and Michigan Watercraft registration
(B) If these three conditions are not met by March 15th, the Waterfront Chair will draw another name from the lottery and assign a slip to that name. Slip preferences will be adjusted where necessary with the new lottery name receiving 4th choice of slip assignment.
6. Renters may share their slip with other OTYC adult Members only. This temporary practice is on a sublease basis and is to be arranged between the boaters, but only if the Renter provides the Waterfront Chair with corresponding proof of boat insurance (as required by Appendix B to the Boat Slip Rental Agreement) and a current Michigan Watercraft registration.
7. Boaters may use the Club ramp to launch and remove boats.
8. OTYC assumes no responsibility for safety and well-being of boats, personal property, boaters, guests or any personal injury or property damage