The Omena-Traverse Yacht Club was founded in 1947 to provide a social outlet for those who summered on the Omena peninsula. The small community valued kinship and camaraderie amongst the member families.
Members generously gave of their time to establish and support activities that would engage all ages of club members. It is the strong foundation of these values that has enabled the OTYC to continue to grow over the past 65+ years and nourish the friendships that further strengthen the Club. Our historic clubhouse is over 100 years old and our facilities are limited. For this reason, we must limit the number of members and carefully consider all applications for membership.
Endeavoring to maintain the core values and qualities that make the Club meaningful to its members, the following criteria are the basis for membership in the OTYC:
- Legacy status or other familial history in Omena
- Geographical location of residence, with emphasis on the Omena peninsula
- Active club involvement and engagement during the Guest Membership season
- History of volunteerism and/or involvement in one’s community
- Reasons the prospective candidate is interested in joining the OTYC
- History in the Omena area community
- Length of time prospective candidate will be in Omena area during the OTYC season
- Past attendance at Club activities, Board members met, and Board members' response
- Interest in and commitment to participate in Club activities
Further information may be obtained by contacting our Membership Chair at email@example.com.